Where Do I Mail My Va Notice of Disagreement

If you`re a veteran who disagrees with a decision made by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), you may file a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) to appeal. But where do you mail your NOD?

It`s important to note that the mailing address for your NOD may differ based on the type of claim in question. It`s crucial to send your NOD to the correct address to ensure that it`s processed in a timely and accurate manner.

Here are some common addresses to consider:

1. Regional Office: If you received a decision from the VA Regional Office, check your decision letter for the mailing address. The address should be listed in the letter, along with instructions on how to submit your NOD.

2. Board of Veterans` Appeals (BVA): If you are appealing a decision made by the BVA, you can mail your NOD to the BVA. The mailing address is:

Board of Veterans` Appeals

PO Box 27063

Washington, DC 20038

3. Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA): If your NOD is related to a VBA decision, you may mail it to the following address:

Department of Veterans Affairs

Claims Intake Center

PO Box 4444

Janesville, WI 53547-4444

Make sure to include all necessary information when mailing your NOD. Include your full name, VA claim number, and the date of the decision you are appealing. You should also include a clear and concise statement explaining why you disagree with the decision.

Before mailing your NOD, keep in mind that there are specific time limits for filing an appeal. You must file your NOD within one year of the date of your decision letter to be considered. Additionally, it`s important to keep a copy of your NOD and any supporting documents you may have sent.

In conclusion, mailing your NOD to the correct address is crucial. Make sure to carefully read your decision letter and follow any instructions provided. If you`re unsure about the mailing address or any other aspect of the appeals process, contact a VA representative for assistance.

Scroll to Top